VPN service or self-hosted?

Good afternoon, gurus:
I’m really torn right now! I’ve been using a few proxy services. I’ve tried both data-center IPs and home broadband IPs. Data-center IP proxies are fairly stable and don’t go down often. But I want to use some AI and TK, and the monitoring for data-center IPs is very strict. So I used a home broadband proxy, but it drops out way too easily.

Now I’m wondering if setting up my own home broadband node would be better; are there any tutorials or the like?

2 Likes

You can get a home broadband connection, then use a VPN service to set up a chain of proxies. There are plenty of tutorials on the site—feel free to search.

3 Likes

What the person above said is correct. You can buy home broadband, then use the data center’s proxy chain to reach your home broadband.

If all else fails, hitching a ride in other people’s cars isn’t out of the question.

Are you saying to buy a home broadband IP-chained proxy and route it to a data center IP proxy pool?

Yes, you can refer to Mihomo’s documentation for the exact meaning

Carpooling with real home broadband is a bit tricky. I tried two options, and both are a bit off. :melting_face: AI usage, though, hasn’t given me any problems.

I’d like to ask, as a beginner trying a DIY self-build

Zouter’s HK monthly fee of 9.9 (HK BGP Global - Standard) >

What do you think of this option, or do you have any recommendations? :tieba_001:

3 Likes

Not bad. The international connectivity is pretty solid; the rollout went smoothly. I heard Mobile Direct Connect is great, but it’s often under attack, and I don’t know if it’s gotten any better now. Latency on the other two networks is very high.
A long time ago I used it for about half a month, and then they discontinued it.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, bro. Unicom users are lucky; I haven’t pulled the trigger yet :tieba_102:

1 Like

Hey man, where can I buy home broadband? Do I have to buy a VPS if I get home broadband?

Dude, where can I buy a home broadband IP address?

Don’t overthink it; the self-built setup is mainly used for entertainment and other mainstream traffic scenarios
Then the airport will coordinate with some smaller-scale scenarios.