Team up with friends to set up a self-hosted VPN on a VPS—any recommendations?

My colleagues have started using AI as well under my influence, and I can set up nodes, but I wanted to ask everyone: are there any recommended VPS providers?

My budget is $10–$20 per month (since some people split the cost, so per person it’s cheaper). I’m looking for something with low latency (to Japan around 80 ms), bandwidth at least 500 Mbps, and data transfer at least 500 GB, plus IPs that are clean enough. The machine should preferably have a home broadband IP or a low-risk type. Dual ISP doesn’t matter.

I accept various payment methods, as long as they meet the above conditions. Just name the VPS providers.

4 Likes

vmiss? It’s just a small opening; the aunties and the bricklayers are both out of stock.

4 Likes

Is this IP address clean?

You can search the site to see if any fellow members have posted vmiss’s IP quality graphs.

There’s also this kind of thing, like “Line Chicken” plus home broadband.

2 Likes

It’s all this combo now, right?

Are there any cheap home broadband options? Could you recommend some?

This budget, plus 80 ms latency and clean IPs, won’t suffice.

Consider adding a West Coast route/server (latency 130-160 ms) and setting up a home broadband.

Or else, opt to pool resources with others on an APAC route and pool for a landed home broadband: 【车找人】Gomami HKG.Pulse.Mini,亚太三网优化顶级线路(9929/CN2GIA/CMIN2)。ai服务已分流到us,保证可用性 - #25,来自 weifeng1955

rfchost jp2 co micro plus zorocloud’s Japanese glbb home broadband
Over $20, it’s already one of the best value options in Japan.
The most cost-effective Japanese line and the cheapest genuine Japanese home broadband

The ZGO Japanese-made machine I just bought is suitable for you: 1 TB per month, latency around 60 ms, $88 per year.

3 Likes

Both BWH and DMIT are fine.

They’re out of stock there too, and I’d like to buy one as well.

Me too—I’d like to know as well :man_facepalming:

That money isn’t enough, is it?
Route optimization to 80ms
500 Mbps bandwidth
Still need to unlock it properly
= Route optimization + high bandwidth + unlock :chicken: is hard

Rfc jp co or co lite, co costs about 50 yuan, I guess
If it’s China Unicom, just buy SoftBank.

Japan should be able to reach 80 even without optimizing the routes.

DMIT offers better value for money.

1 Like