Could you advise on the RN machine's current IP quality and performance?

The goal is to keep a small relay node running most of the time, and also run a few of my own small services.


I’d like to know the current status of RN.

  1. Can the bandwidth be fully utilized?
  2. Is the traffic capacity enough?
  3. IP quality (for AI like Claude, Google, ChatGPT, etc.)

I’m a beginner with servers and not very knowledgeable—could you help?

Also, besides Los Angeles and San Jose, are other data centers worth considering?

6 Likes

I bought a RN Xiaoji (RN小鸡) with a 2-core 2.5GHz CPU last Black Friday, with 1 Gbps bandwidth—it’s pretty big. In real tests, download speeds are fast. The data allowance seems to be 2TB; you can ask customer service to add another 2TB. For me personally, it’s still enough. The IP quality is average. When I first bought it, I could still sign up for Claude or AI like that; now it’s blacklisted, so it’s no longer usable.

1 Like

Thanks, which region is your purchase for?

of Los Angeles,

1 Like

In a pure data center, with so many Chinese IPs, how could the IPs possibly be clean at all?
As for performance, with cheap, underpowered specs, the benchmarks show it’s oversold. If your budget is higher, there are more and better options than right now.

1 Like

I just feel that RN is relatively cheaper. Can RN still connect directly to Claude and ChatGPT now?

1 Like

There’s no problem with the official API for pure transit. As for the two APIs on the official site, the category distinctions might not pass—even with an anti-bot shield. And there’s also a cost-performance issue.

1 Like

Compare it yourself

1 Like

Depends on your broadband provider; using RN with Unicom is not bad, Mobile isn’t good
This isn’t about optimizing the route; the advertised speed is 1 Gbps, at peak times you may only get tens of Mbps
IP quality is average; some of them even got through

You can check the review:

We can help you double your traffic.

I previously bought a DC02 for China Unicom, and it’s still fine.