Hi everyone, I saw someone on the site recommending Racknerd's servers, so I bought one hoping to replace my proxy service, but the speed is only 3 Mbps.

The machine in Los Angeles is set up with Xray.
Is this being blocked by the Great Firewall? I see the ping is normal, but the network speed is very slow.

7 Likes

After all, it’s not an optimized route; during the evening rush it’s very crowded, and slow speeds are normal—the daytime will be better.

2 Likes

First
Which carrier are you using to access RN?
Second, the region where you bought RN
If it’s China Mobile, it’s best to request a refund directly
If you can’t get a refund, then use CF CDN Rago mode with RN

1 Like

This isn’t an optimized line; the rush-hour performance is like this. I’m still using a DC02 device; after using it, the China Telecom network is okay, but China Mobile drops the connection entirely.

3 Likes

Jiangsu Telecom DC3 Board :thinking:

1 Like

With HY’s nodes, it’s incredibly fast.

1 Like

Is it 18.66? If so, figure out a way to get to DC2.

3 Likes

It’s normal, after all it’s not a xiànlù jī (线路鸡).

1 Like

BBR must be enabled, and if your local ISP is slow, go hysterical.
You can use speedtest.net’s command-line tool to measure the actual throughput, which is usually around 850–950 Mbps.

1 Like

Check out this optimization: ❤️ | 分享一目前找到的2026年比较好用的一键BBR优化交互GitHub开源脚本+附上手动调TCP系统内核参数优化方法

1 Like

Sorry about that — I ended up replying to the original poster via you :joy:

1 Like

It depends on the region and the carrier. The time this guy posted is roughly within the normal range :joy:

2 Likes

It’s so funny I could die. It’s not about optimizing the routing either; it was even crushed by awssg and some IPv6 enthusiasts, and it’s still the current awssg…

1 Like

It’s a good choice to have a home computer that uses China Telecom’s CN2 GIA line.

One of the machines has a :japan: IP; when I got back home, I found I couldn’t connect to Guangdian Network (广电网络), while other mobile and telecom networks were working fine.

2 Likes

Let’s switch to an optimized route; these kinds won’t work.

RN isn’t a line device after all; you can slot in a CF card.

How’s the one you’re using now? I haven’t bought it yet. I was drawn to how cheap it is. I’m not picky about the VPN service; latency is around 200 ms, and I can usually tolerate 500 ms, mainly because I’m broke.

Oh, I don’t have theirs in my setup. I don’t like going for gear that’s too cheap—the easier it is to buy and ditch, the more often you’ll get scammed. If you want something stable and relatively clean, I’d recommend around $3 per month or more. In Japan, latency is usually around 60 ms.

I’ve got it now. Thanks, everyone.